Guwahati: Assam Orunodoi Scheme is an all-new scheme announced by the Finance Minister of Assam, Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma in his Budget Speech 2020-21. The Government of Assam to launch the Orunodoi Scheme on 2nd Oct 2020 to provide financial assistance to 17 lakh poor families in Assam.
Under the scheme, the beneficiaries will receive Rs. 830 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Scheme to their bank accounts on the first day of every month.
Women being the primary caretaker of the families (having Composite Household Income of Rs. 2 Lakh per annum) are kept as beneficiaries of this Govt scheme.
To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam & also should be presently residing in the state. Also, the composite household income of the applicant should be less than Rs 2 Lakh per annum.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme All Details:
- This is a Scheme by the Govt of Assam
- Objective: To provide monthly financial assistance to poor families to meet their medical & nutritional needs
- Beneficiaries: Women belonging to poor families
- Amount: Rs 830/- per month
- Starting Date: 2nd October 2020
- Application Mode: Offline
- Implemented By: Finance Department, Government of Assam
- Official Website: finance.assam.gov.in
Eligibility for Assam Orunodoi Scheme
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The applicant should be presently resident in Assam.
- Composite Household Income of the Applicant should be less than Rs. 2 Lakh per annum.
- The beneficiary (nominated female member) should have a bank account wherein the name in the bank records should match the scheme records. In case, the beneficiary does not possess a bank account then a bank account would be required to be opened prior to the date of approval of the application.
Under the Assam Orunodoi scheme, priority shall be given to household with
- Widow/divorced/unmarried female/separated female
- Specially abled nominated female
- Specially abled household member
How to apply for Assam Orunodoi Scheme
The application mode for this scheme is offline. As per the available details, the application process for Assam Orunodoi Scheme is as follows:
- Download the application form for Assam Orunodoi Scheme Here
- Fill up the form
- Attach the necessary documents
- Submit to the respective office/authority (such as GPs / VCDCs / ULBs)
Who is Not Eligible for the Scheme?
The following household shall be automatically excluded from the Assam Orunodoi Scheme:
- A household without any female members
- Family of former or Current MPs and MLAs
- Family of all regular and retired govt employees
- Family of all regular and retired employees of Assam Co-operative Societies
- Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, CA, Architects, and registered govt contractors
- Income Tax Payers
- Farmers having more than 15 Bighas of agricultural land
- Household owning a tractor
- Household owning 4 wheeler or mechanized boats
- Household owning a refrigerator/washing machine/Air conditioner
For more details see the official notification here.
The latest announcement by Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma:
#Orunodoi is a highly ambitious step of GoA towards eradicating poverty & we want to ensure its benefits to poor in all corners of Assam. Held a meeting with District Level Monitoring Committee (DLMC) including DC, Kamrup to discuss its implementation in dist.#AssamAlwaysAhead pic.twitter.com/4tskK27qCM
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) August 22, 2020
The original announcement by Himant Biswa Sarma on Twitter
GoA has decided to provide Rs 830 per month each to 17 lakh families under the ambitious ‘Orunodoi’ Scheme. The selection of beneficiaries to start from August 17, 2020. They will receive the amount on the first day of every month, starting from October, 2020.#AssamAlwaysAhead pic.twitter.com/G4yBUUBwq5
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) August 12, 2020
Keep visiting for regular Govt Job updates.